0Holly Perkins

BLOG

PROTEIN PERFECT BREAKFAST CAKE RECIPE

THANK GOD for the little things in life.
Every day I find thrill in little things like a perfectly hot cup of green tea, blasting Clair du Lune when it plays on my Pandora, and clean hair. I love this about myself because it truly makes life better. Never forget to celebrate little things!
Today I’m giving you something to celebrate!
After about 8 years – no, I’m not joking – I have finally perfected one of my favorite recipes EVER and I’m going to share it with you!
Introducing…Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake!!!!!!
The reason this recipe is so important:
Nearly every client of mine struggles with finding breakfast options that are delicious and give you fuel for the day

What you eat for breakfast literally programs your body for fat storage OR fat burning for the entire day

Protein at breakfast is critical to stabilize blood sugar, optimize energy and boost brain performance

A macronutrient balanced breakfast promotes fat burning and weight loss

Every one needs a breakfast option that is easy to make ahead of time for grab-and-go mornings

This delicious cake also serves as a fantastic pre-workout option

Literally, I could go on and on about this recipe. Instead, I’m going to share it with you so that you can add your own reasons as to why it’s THE BEST!
This week I am releasing my original recipe: Raspberry Oat Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake. In the coming weeks I will also be releasing these flavors:
PUMPKIN
STRAWBERRY BANANA
CHOCOLATE CHIP
Now THAT is a little thing worth celebrating, so GET COOKING!
PS! I reserve exclusive content just for the members of my Inner Circle email update list. If you’d like to get more inside tips from me on health, fitness and weight loss that aren’t shared here on the Blog, you can sign up at the top right (or bottom) of this page! It’s free.
Ingredients:

Tools:
Blender 9×9 inch baking pan
Large mixing bowl Pam for Baking spray
Whisk Tupperware for storage
Measuring cups and spoons
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 inch-baking pan with Pam for Baking spray.

Place rolled oats into a blender and blend for 1 minute until an even flour consistency. Alternatively, you can use pre-ground oat flour, but blending your own make this recipe better!

If using butter, melt over a low flame, or in a microwave.

In a very large mixing bowl combine egg whites, oat flour, butter (or coconut oil), salt, baking powder and vanilla. Whisk just until there are no flour clumps; do not over whisk.

NOTE: Batter will be very liquid.

Fold in the frozen raspberries and break up any clumps. NOTE: Batter will still be very liquid!

Pour into pan. Gently stir to distribute the fruit evenly in the pan.

Bake for 25 minutes. Rotate the pan ¼ turn and cook for another 25 minutes or until solid in the center of the cake.

NOTE: Ovens vary; cook just until the center is solid, but still a bit wet.

Let cake cool completely. Cut into 4 or 6 pieces. See below for calorie and macro breakdown.

Place each piece in a Tupperware container or tin foil for easy grab-and-go.

Macros
            45/25/30
4 pieces: 440 calories each
6 pieces: 293 calories each
Variation: Drizzle 1 Tb of maple syrup on top of each piece:
            50/23/27
4 pieces: 490 calories each
6 pieces: 343 calories each
As always, I’d love to hear from you. Try out this recipe and let me know what you think! Tell me ALL the ways that it changed your life! Please share your thoughts in the Comments section below!
DECEMBER 20, 201627 COMMENTS

TAGS: BREAKFAST, DIET, EXERCISE, FITNESS, NUTRITION, WEIGHT LOSS

You might also like
 Easy Yummy Protein Pancakes

5 Foods NOT to Eat Before Your Workout

Treehouse Yoga

NEW! Chocolate Chip Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake!

Protein for the People

REPLIES

Vanessa

Vanessa

May 3, 2017 at 7:11 am

I love this recipe! I was a bit skeptical as I’m not a very skilled baker and I’ve tried sugar-free recipes before that didn’t taste good at all. This one was super easy to make and screams “healthy”! Thank you for sharing!

Bella

Bella

May 2, 2017 at 10:04 am

This recipe looks delicious, I can’t wait to try!

Are you able to break down the nutrition facts for me?

Most importantly, protein, fiber and sugar

Silvia

Silvia

May 2, 2017 at 9:01 am

This sounds seriously amazing! I do a similar version, but with cocoa powder. But now I’m thinking cocoa+ raspberries together!!? Oh yeah!

Becky

Becky

May 2, 2017 at 6:16 am

Hi Holly,

I was wondering if you’ve tried adding protein powder to the recipe and if you did, how it turned out?

Thanks!

Fatima

Fatima

January 31, 2017 at 8:04 am

Hi Holly,
I just recently discovered you and have started the newbie Lift to Get Lean program and loving it. You demystified the gym for me! Thank you!
I made this cake and LOVE it! So easy and filling. There’s enough sweetness from the raspberries.

February 6, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Hello Fatima and welcome to this wonderful community. I am so happy to hear that you have started your Newbie Program from Lift to Get Lean. I can’t wait to hear about your results and goals you have accomplished. Stay on track and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions.
I am glad you loved the cake. It is such a good source of fuel for your workouts!
In strength,

H

Cheryl

Cheryl

January 25, 2017 at 6:14 pm

I don’t know how you can label this cake. Cake is moist and flaky, this is a soggy, spongy mess. It should definitely be called a quiche because the amount of egg white in it is absurd, and leads to a disappointing consistency. Tastes ok, though; I will try it again with less egg white and more oat flour.

Staci

Staci

January 22, 2017 at 8:03 am

OK so I made this using quinoa flour and frozen blueberries. I think it taste fine. Mine was dense but I used a different flour since I was out of oats. The recipe does not have added sweeteners so I am surprised everyone thinks it should taste sweet. Its lie making a protein waffle or pancake batter, its not going to be sweet. Just add some maple syrup or agave nectar and its good. Thanks for the recipe Holly!

Jodi

Jodi

January 5, 2017 at 4:30 pm

This may be obvious, but does this taste “eggy”? I do NOT like eggs at all and if the egg taste is prominent, I would love to know in advance. Thanks!

January 6, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Not AT ALL!!! No egg flavor whatsoever!

Jodi

Jodi

January 14, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Cool, thanks!! 🙂

Jenni

Jenni

January 5, 2017 at 1:19 pm

100% honesty here: I made this and after feeling like a wasted almost 2 dozen egg yolks I couldn’t even swallow it. I was very bummed that I wasted all the eggs and raspberries because I cannot eat it. This was not tasty to me and the texture was beyond strange. Please let me know if I should warm it, or how I can ease my way into liking this good food combination. I don’t label myself a ‘picky’ eater and was hopeful for an easy breakfast for myself.

January 5, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Hi Jenni: SO UNHAPPY TO HEAR THIS! First suggestion is to use liquid egg whites as opposed to cracking your own. I do think this makes a huge difference and that is why the recipe calls for the liquid kind. Also, did you use frozen raspberries? I suspect that the real, cracked egg whites caused a difference in the result. I’ve made this recipe at least 50 times and it always turns out great. The consistency IS bit wet, almost like a quiche, but shouldn’t be inedible. I also wonder if maybe you needed to cook it a bit longer. Cook until the center of the cake is totally solid and not jiggly. Apologies that you didn’t have success the first time. Maybe give it another try?? (Holly P)

Jenni

Jenni

January 23, 2017 at 5:59 am

OK, second attempt was MUCH more tolerable. I used liquid egg whites (didn’t know there was such a thing) and frozen raspberries. Last time it was very quiche like, I do enjoy quiche, but with the name breakfast cake I was thrown off. I just finished my first piece, no maple syrup added, and it was not the worst. It will take some getting used to and I look forward to the other versions, I suspect the chocolate chip or pumpkin will be my favorite! I am hopeful to get back into a routine of treating my body better.

Angela

Angela

January 5, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Hi Jenni,
I did the same thing and uses cracked eggs. But I warned my piece up and drizzled a tiny bit of maple syrup. It helps. But next time I will try with liquid egg whites as Holly suggest.

January 6, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Angela: how did your “cracked egg” version turn out? Was it a weird consistency? Just curious

Susan

Susan

January 8, 2017 at 11:07 am

Hi there-
Unfortunately, I would have to agree that this didn’t have any flavor 🙁 I used liquid egg whites and frozen raspberries as suggested as well. I may give it another try with almond extract instead of vanilla. I haven’t tried it with syrup yet…maybe that will help?

January 19, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Hi Susan! Keep in mind that this is a healthy breakfast option and not “gourmet” or sugary. The flavor will come from the fruit that you use. I wonder if maybe you didn’t use enough raspberries, but every time I make it it’s VERY raspberry flavored. I’ll be coming out with a Strawberry Banana, and Chocolate Chip Banana as well. Maybe those will strike your palate more!

Jenny

Jenny

May 2, 2017 at 6:37 pm

What about adding stevia??

Sophia

Sophia

December 28, 2016 at 8:04 am

I’m putting everything on my grocery list and can’t wait to make it!

December 28, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Let me know how you like the recipe! I would love to hear some feedback.

Sophia

Sophia

January 8, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Hi Holly, I finally made this last week! I used old fashioned oats, frozen raspberries and liquid egg whites. I have to agree with the other comments in that it didn’t have much flavor. I used a drizzle of honey and that made it better. I’m happy to report that I wasn’t hungry midmorning! That is a A+ on my book so I’ll keep trying. I like to bake at home and I’m wondering if using the oat flour would be better? Also, I used coconut oil but will try with melted butter. More over, is it suppose to be soft or dense? Maybe having the liquid egg whites at room temperature or using cracked egg whites (also at room temperature) whipped up? Just throwing some suggestions but you might have tried these methods already. One more thing, my coconut oil had turn solid so I popped it in microwave to bring it back to liquid form. I don’t know if that makes any difference. I ran out of frozen raspberries and I have some fresh blueberries. How would I substitute with these?

January 19, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Hi Sophia!

Remember that this is a healthy option for breakfast and it takes the flavor of the fruit that you add. It should taste “raspberry-y” and not sugary. When I make it, it has tons of raspberries and that is what’s pronounced to me. Will also be adding Strawberry Banana and Choc Chip versions! And yes, can totally add blueberries if you like! You can use old fashioned oats (and blend them at home) OR yes, you can also just buy oat flour that is already ground for you. The flavor should be the same either way. It should be a bit wet and dense, almost like a quiche!

Staci

Staci

December 21, 2016 at 3:24 am

Can’t wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous

Anonymous

December 21, 2016 at 6:31 am

Me too!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

Here’s What Real Healthy People Actually Eat For Breakfast | The Daily Headline News says:

May 2, 2017 at 6:50 am

[…] Get the recipe here. […]

20 Questions With: Holly Perkins | Allyson Conklin PR says:

March 14, 2017 at 4:33 am

[…] What do you eat for breakfast most days? Gahhhhhhh, my Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake!!!! I just perfected a banana chocolate chip version that is my favorite!!!! It’s the perfect […]

Want to join the discussion?

Feel free to contribute!

Name

Website

FREE EMAIL UPDATES
CONNECT WITH HOLLY
RECENT COMMENTS

Vanessa on Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake Recipe

Kelly on NEW! Chocolate Chip Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake!

Kelly on NEW! Chocolate Chip Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake!

Jenny on Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake Recipe

Bella on Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake Recipe

HOLLY ON INSTAGRAM

What if…

You let go of the stranglehold on being skinnier?

You stopped demonizing the body fat that you have?

You walked in to your next workout with the intention of having fun?

You said: “I may not be exactly where I want to be, but that does not mean “here” is anything less than awesome”? — What if you decided to embrace the…….

“Muffin top”

“Bra bulge”

“Arm pit fat”

“Jiggly arms”

and choose to love yourself BECAUSE of it? —-

It doesn’t work to only love yourself when everything is good. You gotta love all the pieces, all the times; the good along with the bad. To me, that’s radical self acceptance. —

#womensstrengthnation ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ #fitness #fitspo #fitfam #strength #gym #workout #exercise #fitnessaddict #fit #fitspiration #fitnessmotivation #girlsthatlift #bodybuilding #fitgirls #healthy #instafit #GirlsWithMuscles #Women #squat #deadlift

Gym. Friday night, 6:29 pm

—-

Male trainer: “You don’t remember me, but we met here before.”

—-

Me: “Gosh, I’ve met so many trainers here over the years…so sorry I don’t remember you.”

—–

Male trainer: “It’s understandable, not too many women come here. You stand out. You’d be hard to miss.”

—- Quite possibly the best compliment I’ve gotten in a long time. “Cheers” to all you women braving Bro Territory in gyms everywhere.

Abs are made in the GYM and REVEALED in the kitchen. The more strength training you do, the fewer isolated Ab exercises you need. Adopt a high quality deadlift practice and you’ll uncover your best Abs yet! And yes, what you eat does influence the degree that you can actually see the hard-earned muscle. So sad to admit that beer does not do a belly good 😩

“Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.”

~Rumi

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ Yes, I see the paradox. It is only because of the struggles that I am truly able to smile. How can you know real happiness and bliss without challenge and despair?

Stay strong through your challenges. Tuck your chin, but do walk through the storm. Own the discomfort while you breathe through it all consciously. Learn all you can for it will be over. And then you’ll be stronger, wiser, and free.

Tuesday night, 5:37 PM.
I was in a new gym surrounded by men. Most of them were in their 20’s and clearly super committed to their fitness as if they were in that stage of life where fitness and aesthetics are everything.

And for the first time- maybe ever- I felt out of place. I thought: “Oh God…why am I the only woman here? Am I the “old lady” trying to be something else? Exactly WHY am I here???” *** I’m here because this is my life. I’m certain it’s why I was placed on this earth. I have a mission that gets played out in the gym. On the outside it may look like fitness, but on the inside it’s a metaphor for life. Hard work. Sweat. Breath. Strength. Self doubt. Progress. Community. Feeling out of place. Feeling right at home.

#womensstrengthnation #lifttogetlean ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ #fitness #fitspo #fitfam #strength #gym #workout #exercise #fitnessaddict #fit #fitspiration #fitnessmotivation #girlsthatlift #bodybuilding #fitgirls #healthy #instafit #GirlsWithMuscles #Women #squat #deadlift

There’s GOT to come a time when you stop doing it “to get skinny” – It’s not sustainable, and the underlying message is that what you are right now is not good enough.

There’s GOT to come a time when you start using different metrics to measure progress and put your scale in the back of the hall closet.

When you are ready for that time, you’ll start doing it because it is an expression of the gift of life that was given to you. You’ll do it because you have a body that CAN, and because it makes you powerful.

There’s got to come a time when you realize that body fat is NOT a reflection of YOU. Your spirit is a reflection of you.

And I guarantee that if you start doing it in celebration, your spirit will soar.

Happy Easter to all of you who observe the day! Cadbury Cream Egg anyone? 🙋🏼🐣🌸💐🌺 ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ #fitness #fitspo #fitfam #strength #gym #workout #exercise #fitnessaddict #fit #fitspiration #fitnessmotivation #girlsthatlift #bodybuilding #fitgirls #healthy #instafit #GirlsWithMuscles #Women #squat #deadlift

Had such a blast at the gym today. The more thorough my pre workout prep is, the better my session. Check out my full #prep from today in my Story above and try it. I’ll betcha anything you’ll have the best workout ever 😆😆😆

💪🏻

3 Move Leg Workout 👯

LOVE this mini workout for leg strength and a great booty pump ✌🏻

Aim for 10-20 lb DB’s and let me know how it feels!

Coming up later today: ☝🏻Join me LIVE at 4:00 PM EST for a nice lil chat sesh ALL ABOUT MACROS!

✌🏻A great 3-move leg workout that you can do anywhere 👯💋❤️